The Japanese Toyota manufacturer has a serious impact on the whole industry. That’s why this car is very desirable in Asia and in Europe as well. The Toyota brand in the United States is very popular, so the Prius has become one of the best selling sedans in the country. Every year it increasingly wins the North American market.
The interiors of the majority Japanese cars used to be maintained on budget. However, the new 2017 Toyota Corolla was made to erase this stereotype. The passenger compartment can “boast” of:
- The four heated seats in the advanced versions, and only the front ones for basic configurations.
- A simple 6.1-inch touch computer installed in even the standard car. However, in more expensive models it will be equipped with many additional functions (USB 2.0 ports, audio outputs, Bluetooth and more other). By the way, the leather designed steering wheel will be installed in the premium versions.
- The rear view camera in combination with various sensors forms a good Parking Assistance System.
- The Security System has been thoroughly manufactured. The car is equipped with: the airbags (including the side ones), the stability and traction control system, the ABS and the electronic brake force distribution.
- The Interior design will be maintained in two color variations, being yet unknown exactly.
Every experienced motorist, reading about the new “iron horse”, first of all wants to learn its characteristics. There are certain specifications of the 2017 Corolla:
- The 1.8 liter engine capacity, if talking into consideration only the basic configuration, as there is no information concerning the improved version yet.
- The 4-cylinder powertrain will produce 132 horsepower. The Valvematic version with the capacity up to 140 horses will be also introduced to the customers.
- There are different types of offered gearboxes. The easiest option is the 6-speed manual and the more expensive variant is the 4-speed automatic transmission. The most advanced version is the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). This box will be mounted on the sports version, which must have outstanding speed characteristics (as the developers claim).
- Despite its impressive dynamic characteristics the new Corolla will get 25-35 miles per gallon of fuel. The lineup with manual transmission and standard power unit will consume the least amount of fuel.
These are all confirmed features known nowadays.
Perhaps the appearance is one of the main advantages of the new Toyota. According to the experts, this car is perfect in the aspect of aerodynamics. Smooth and sleek lines of the body will impress even the most demanding motorists. Front and rear lights fit perfectly into the overall design, creating a holistic picture.
Despite belonging to the class of inexpensive cars, the new Corolla will look very elegant, and even defiant. In this aspect, it can compete with many representatives of the luxury class. At first, the four-door sedans will be exclusively released. However, in the future it is planned to include other body styles (hatchback and other) into production.
The Expected Price and the Release Date
Everybody who has a great desire to purchase this car, probably want to know its price. We can say that this model has the perfect quality and price ratio. It doesn’t concede to its brother the Camry, while its cost is much lower. There is no accurate data on the price yet, but it is expected that depending on the configuration it will vary from 19 to 28 thousand dollars.
As for the release date, it will keep us waiting. It is anticipated that the first models will become available at the beginning of the next year. They will be sold, most likely, by the prior arrangement.